A fully managed platform for building, deploying and scaling your web apps
Enabling productivity and innovation for over 2 million apps and sites on Azure
Quickly build, deploy, and scale web apps and APIs on your terms. Work with .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Java, Python or php, in containers or running on Windows or Linux. Meet rigorous, enterprise-grade performance, security and compliance requirements used a trusted, fully managed platform that handles over 40 billion requests per day.
Fully managed platform with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching, and scaling
Built-in CI/CD integration and zero-downtime deployments
Integration with virtual networks and ability to run in an isolated and dedicated App Service environment
Rigorous security and compliance, including SOC and PCI, for seamless deployments across public cloud, Azure Government, and on-premises environments
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
- Bring your code or container using the framework language of your choice.
- Increase developer productivity with tight integration of Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio.
- Streamline CI/CD with Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Docker Hub, and Azure Container Registry.
- Reduce downtime and minimize risk for app updates by using deployment slots.
Scale apps on an enterprise grade platform
- Achieve high availability with SLA-backed uptime of 99.95 percent.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Protect your applications with Web App Firewall and connect with virtual network integration.
- Deploy isolated web app instances with a single-tenancy model.
- Use Azure Active Directory and other popular identity providers to authenticate and authorize app access.
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Migrate .NET web apps with ease
Bring your web apps to the cloud with minimal or no code changes using the Azure App Service Migration Assistant - a free and simple tool to automatically migrate .NET web applications from on-premises to the cloud.
Migrate in three easy steps
- Quickly assess your website for migration by running a scan of its public URL.
- Download the Migration Assistant to run readiness checks.
- Migrate your web app.
Innovate with Azure’s cognitive and event driven services
Use App Service to bring the best of Azure to your web app
Simplify operations with built-in monitoring
- Perform intelligent and interactive, live troubleshooting with App Service diagnostics.
- View application performance and health end-to-end with Azure Monitor and Application Insights to make decisions faster.
- Build real-time views of application resource usage with Azure Monitor and configure alerts to notify you of unexpected conditions.
- Gain deeper insights into your app’s throughput, response times, downstream dependencies, and error trends using Application Insights.
Scale globally with industry-leading security
- React to traffic loads with Azure Autoscale and perform traffic routing and load-balancing through Azure Front Door.
- Reduce latency by placing your content assets closer to your customers, with Azure Content Delivery Network.
- Protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, Azure Firewall, and Application Gateway.
- Improve your security posture and threat protection with Azure Security Center and extensive compliance certifications.
Flexible pricing options to fit your needs
Azure App Service is a fully managed web hosting service for building web apps, mobile back ends, and RESTful APIs. From small websites to globally scaled web applications, we have the pricing and performance options and that fit your needs.
Everything you need to get started
Developer documentation, sample code and app development resources
Build your first app on Windows or Linux using:
Step by step guidance on how to build and host web apps from MS Learn
Build with .NET
App Service is the only managed service built from the ground up to support .NET workloads
Create an ASP.NET app in Azure
Explore step by step guidance for migrating .NET apps to Azure
Use the .NET Portability Analyzer to analyze assemblies for .NET Core
Convert your .NET code to .NET Core with our .NET Core Porting Guidance
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Lennart Boorsma, Digital Marketing Manager, Heineken
"Azure didn't let us down. More than that, it gave us a way to assure senior management that we could support this massive, global campaign."
Real Madrid C.F.
José Ángel Sánchez, CEO, Real Madrid C.F.
"The Azure platform will help us provide the services we want to offer, because it gives us the scalability we need, whenever we need it."
Premera Blue Cross
Henry Larrymore, Senior Cloud Engineer, Digital Customer Experience, Premera Blue Cross
"We use Azure App Service to provide a truly reliable tier for service delivery and fulfillment. It's invaluable."
Shane Sullivan, Director of Software Engineering, Autotrader.ca
"Azure has enabled a new way for dealers to source vehicles, capture inventory and interact with us."
Fredrik Lagerträd, Manager, Digital Development, The Absolut Company
"Now, when we're launching new projects, we're looking at what we can take advantage of in Azure. Capabilities that in the past we've had to build ourselves, like an image-scaling function, we can do now in Azure."
Mike Smith, Lead Software Developer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
"Our move to .NET Core, Visual Studio Code, TypeScript, and Azure services worked out just like we had planned. Our new website makes us much more agile in supporting Chipotle's primary mission."
Azure App Service updates, blogs, and announcements
App Service: .NET Framework 4.8 Support now available
OpenID Connect support for Azure App Service and Azure Functions (in preview)
Revocation of non-compliant Certificate Authorities potentially impacting customer’s Azure service(s).
Azure App Service hybrid connections for Linux apps is now available
Azure App Service regional virtual network integration for Linux apps is now available
Static Web Apps single page hosting option available in App Service now in preview
Support for Linux workloads in the App Service Migration Assistant tool
App Service is now an events publisher on Azure Event Grid (in preview)
Azure App Service and Azure Functions on Azure Stack Hub update available
Frequently asked questions about App Service
App Service runs web and API apps at scale while integrating seamlessly with other first- or third-party solutions to meet the requirements of the app solution you envision.
App Service is available in most Azure regions.
We guarantee that apps running via a customer subscription will be available 99.95 percent of the time. See additional details.